I have been having lots of conversations at school (the one where I work) about Disrupting Class. People keep saying, "I have to read the book."
Obviously, reading the book is the best way to get this, but if you don’t have time to read the book right now and want a primer, here’s some audio/video/text to get you up to speed:
- Scott McLeod’s K-12 Online Presentation: Leading the Change: Current leadership models are inadequate for disruptive innovations
- Our EdTechTalk: 21st Century Learning interview with Scott on DI
- Christensen on YouTube
- Business Week Article
- EdWeek Article – Disruptive Innovation in K12 (subscription required)
And if you’re still interested (this is what’s on my bookshelf at least):
- The Richard Elmore podcast from this post (and any of the other pieces as well)
- Integrating Differentiated Instruction and Understanding by Design: Connecting Content and Kids: Tomlinson and McTighe
- The Innovator’s Dilemma: Christensen
- Influencer: Patterson, Grenny, Maxfield, McMillan, Switzler
- Tribes: Seth Godin
There are tons of other good resources out there. I’ve been watching Google Blog Search for Disrupting Class as well.
arvind, Vinnie and I will also be interviewing Michael Horn and Curtis Johnson on 11/24 at noon EST and 12/4 at 2:15 EST respectively at EdTechTalk.
What recommendations do you have?